Oh my god! It’s the middle of May already! I have been neglecting this blog… I have been neglecting my house… I have been neglecting my human need for sleep! And I have insomnia! It is all couponing fault!
I have been a couponing mad woman. I am totally addicted; it is crack for those of us that have to watch our bank accounts! Which is pretty much everyone I know. And everyone seems to be on the couponing bandwagon thanks to the show on TLC Extreme Couponing. I do not have cable so I haven’t seen the show, but I really do want to watch it at least once but it is never seems to be on when I am at the residents of those that do have cable.
When I first started couponing on April 8 with my work buddies we thought…”wow in 3 months we are going to have a nice stockpile.” Ummm it has been a month and I am quickly running out of room! Seriously, I have filled almost every nook and cranny, I have relocated so many items from their previous home, and I still don’t have the space I need to keep going at the rate we have been. And the thought of passing up a good deal makes me break out in a sweat! It is so addictive!
There is so much research and math involved, not to mention the countless number of trips involved running from CVS, Rite Aid, Walmart, Target and Walgreens. Which I pretty much do on my lunch breaks. I have tried to bring Petite Fille but I end up spending more time in the store, she ends up taking out one of my toes with the shopping cart, and then there is the….Mommy I am hungry, can I get candy, Mommy I am thirsty can I get something to drink, Mommy can I get some makeup, Mommy I have to go to the bathroom, even though she just went 5 minutes ago….So I try not to bring her unless I just have to. Which leaves me…a single married mother… the only option of going on my lunch break.
Single Married Mother…WHAT? Yeah, that is what I call myself. I am pretty much a single mother, which means I do the same things that a single mother would do…only I am married. Need further clarification….well I have to coupon on my lunch break because I don’t have the time to do it any other time…I have to pick up Petite Fille from school/after school care, bring her to dance/cheer, go to PTO meetings, clean house, start dinner, and the never ending list that there seems to not be enough hours in the day to complete. So coupon threw off my game plan in a big way.
The plus side is that I have been saving money, and getting great quality products at the same time. Before due to budget constraints I would go into my mass retailer and purchase their brand of products because they were always cheaper than buying name brand items. Now with couponing…while I can’t be name brand specific….I don’t mind because I am getting a variety of name brand products much cheaper than the store brand. Some are great and others are a miss, but so far it has been a positive experience.
****Wait it is not May???****
So, I started writing this in May and bam it is now July! I thought the above was still worth posting. And yes coupons are still taking over my world! Can’t ya tell! Well that and Summer’s full swing of activities!
We have had the summer birthday parties, summer camp,♥me and hubbies 7th wedding anniversary♥, my grandmother passed away, my sister gave birth to beautiful baby Luke, Petite Fille had her dance recital, and went out of town with her grandmother then returned shortly after, we went camping in Florida, Petite Fille turned 6, we took her to the circus, and in less than a month (Aug 4) school will start again! Phew!
So how is that stockpile now that I am at month 3? It is overflowing!!! I have no room and I have taken a break….explains the new post huh. Really, I have gotten great deals but I am going to use up some of those products for awhile and make some more room!
In the meantime hopefully I can get around to posting more often…we’ll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment